The C8 is a large tube full-length header set for 396-502 big block Chevy engine swaps in 1969-72 4WD Chevrolet Blazer and 1970-72 GMC Jimmy with a TH400 transmission. The TH400 transmission swap moves the engine forward approximately 3.0″. This creates problems in finding a header set that fits the application. Sanderson offers a solution with the C8 header set. For more information on the swap, please read this blog post.
- Please let us know if using raised port cylinder heads and how much. Some raised port applications require tube dimpling for spark plug clearance
- Raised port heads will probably require the use of shorter “header” spark plugs
Includes all hardware necessary for installation.
Engine: Big Block Chevy 395-454, 502
Primary Tube Diameter: 1-7/8″
Collector Diameter: 3″
- 16-Gauge Primary and Collector Tube Thickness
- 3/8″ Thick Flange
- Patented Flange Design Requires NO Gaskets
- Tightest Fitting Header Available Anywhere!
- Made in the USA
- Header Bolt Set
- Collector Reducer Set
Our Ceramic Coating is recommended for every vehicle application and is the default finish selection choice above. To meet high standards of quality, We apply a multi-layer inside and outside aluminized ceramic coating in-house and then polish the coating to a high luster. This aerospace and military-grade technology adds excellent protection to your headers while offering the benefit of thermal control in your engine bay. It also improves cylinder scavenging of exhaust gases and increases the longevity of your header investment.