Zoomie and Chopster Header replacement baffles. Original replacement.
Available individually or as a set of eight
Please verify the header tube diameter when selecting replacement baffles. Selection is based on tube O.D. (outside diameter) of the Sanderson Zoomie or Chopster header.
- 1.875″ (1-7/8″)
- 2.250″ (2-1/4″)
Zoomie and Chopster Header Baffle Inserts:
Sanderson does NOT provide mounting holes for mounting the muffler baffle inserts due to possible liability issues. Safe installation and proper securing of the insert are the responsibility of the customer or installer.
Baffle Installation Procedure:
- First, make sure the inserts are the correct size for the application. Sanderson’s 1.875″ (1-7/8″) inserts are for small block engine applications, and the 2.250″ (2-1/4″) inserts are for big block engine applications.
- For NEW installations – Notice that one end of each Sanderson muffler insert is partly closed off with a welded washer.
- Use a tape measure to determine the depth of the insert from the end of the tube. Use that measurement to mark the inside of the header tube. The insert depth should be held up slightly from the short-side radius at the lower bend and not bottom out (see image below). Measure the insert depth for every tube.
- Insert the muffler into one of the pipes of the header with the partially closed-off end first. DO NOT FORCE. The insert should be snug, but not too tight.
- There are various methods to secure the insert. Either drill a hole slightly in front of the insert and install a stove bolt and locknut (or use red Loctite); or drill and tap directly into the baffle ring, using a properly sized bolt with a small amount of red Loctite on the bolt threads
- NOTE: Some customers have used sheet metal or self-drilling/tapping screws to hold the mufflers in place, but such screws tend to vibrate loose.
- When the mufflers are securely fitted in all eight pipes, the headers are ready to install on the engine.